1893; altered 1914 and 1969
A wedding present for Princess May of Teck (the future Queen Mary) from the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, bought with money raised by a committee chaired by Lady Eve Greville. It could also be worn as a necklace. Queen Mary later replaced the pearl finials with diamonds and removed the lozenge-pattern bandeau from the base so that it could be worn as a headband. Both tiara and bandeau were given by Queen Mary to Princess Elizabeth as wedding presents. In 1969 the bandeau was reunited with the tiara.
7 x 21 x 19.5cm