Go to exhibition home

A special exhibition for the
Summer Opening of the State Rooms,
Buckingham Palace, 2006
 
Buy the Birthday Souvenir Album

 
 
Exhibition Home Previous Next 2 of 27 Jewellery
Aquamarine and diamond tiara

The Royal Collection © 2008,
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
RCIN 200131

Aquamarine and diamond tiara

Garrards

When first made in 1957, the tiara consisted of the three upright rectangular stones (detachable for use as brooches), mounted on a simple platinum band. The large central stone was originally the pendant of the necklace given to The Queen by the President and People of Brazil in 1953 as a Coronation present. In 1971 the tiara was adapted to take four scroll ornaments from an aquamarine and diamond jewel given to The Queen by the Governor of São Paulo in 1968.