Knights in Days Gone By
Key stage 1 / Key stage 2 KNIGHTS AND CASTLES Children explore Windsor Castle as a place in which knights lived, and learn about how they trained for battle and the code of chivalry they followed. We discover how the Castle links to the Knights of the Order of the Garter, learn about a dubbing ceremony through roleplay and investigate the equipment essential for fighting and jousting through trying on replica armour and discussing shields and coats of arms.
On Mondays and Fridays this hands-on session takes place in the Moat Room, our dedicated learning space, while on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays it is held in the magnificent setting of the State Apartments and includes whole class roleplay of the investiture of Knights of the Garter.
"Fantastic! We loved every bit of it."
Year 4 Teacher
- Curriculum themes:
- Age group:
- Key stage 1
Key stage 2
- School subjects:
- Maximum pupils per session:
- Moat Room: 60; State Apartments: 32
- Moat Room: 40 minutes; State Apartments: 50 minutes to include whole class role play
- Moat Room (Mon and Fri):11:30 (lunch 12:30),12:30 (lunch 11:45) State Apartments (Tues - Thurs): 11:30 (lunch 12:45)
- Days of the week:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Windsor Castle
- Learning room:
- The Moat Room Mon and Fri; the State Apartments Tues-Thurs
(+44) (0)20 7766 7323