A Royal Home
EYFS / Key stage 1 HOMES During this interactive talk we explore Windsor Castle as a favourite home and working palace of our Queen. Children discover the differences and similarities between The Queen’s home and their own and how the Castle functioned as a royal residence for Queen Victoria. Through role play, dressing up and the use of original artefacts, the children imagine taking part in royal occasions at the Castle, which helps develop speaking, listening and drama skills.
On Mondays and Fridays this popular session takes place in the Moat Room, our dedicated learning space, while on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays it is held in the magnificent setting of the State Apartments and includes a whole class role play of the investiture of Knights of the Garter.
"The children were enthralled during the session – they loved it."
- Curriculum themes:
- Age group:
- Key stage 1
- School subjects:
- Maximum pupils per session:
- Moat Room: 60; State Apartments: 32
- Moat Room: 40 minutes; State Apartments: 50 minutes to include whole class role play
- Moat Room (Mon and Fri): 11:30 (lunch 12:30),12:30 (lunch 11:45) State Apartments (Tues-Thurs): 11:30 (lunch 12:45)
- Days of the week:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Windsor Castle
- Learning room:
- The Moat Room Mon and Fri; the State Apartments Tues-Thurs
(+44) (0)20 7766 7323