A Royal Home
EYFS / Key stage 1 HOMES During this interactive talk we explore Windsor Castle as a favourite home and working palace of our Queen. Children discover the differences and similarities between The Queen’s home and their own and how the Castle functioned as a royal residence for Queen Victoria. Through role play, dressing up and the use of original artefacts, the children imagine taking part in royal occasions at the Castle, which helps develop speaking, listening and drama skills.
For groups with a maximum of 32 pupils, this popular session is held in the magnificent setting of the State Apartments and includes a whole class role play of the investiture of Knights of the Garter. For groups between 33 and 60 pupils, it takes place in the Moat Room, our dedicated learning space.
"The children were enthralled during the session – they loved it."
- Curriculum themes:
- Age group:
- Early Years Foundation Stage
Key stage 1
- School subjects:
- Maximum pupils per session:
- Moat Room: 60; State Apartments: 32
- Moat Room: 40 minutes; State Apartments: 50 minutes to include whole class role play
- Moat Room: 11:30 (lunch 12:30),12:30 (lunch 11:45) State Apartments: 11:30 (lunch 12:45)
- Days of the week:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Windsor Castle
- Learning room:
- The Moat Room or the State Apartments (depending on pupil numbers)
(+44) (0)20 7766 7323