Creative Writing in The State Rooms, Buckingham Palace
Be inspired by this wonderful opportunity for pupils to work with published authors to explore and experience the atmosphere of these lavishly decorated rooms.
Pupils will investigate how members of the Royal Family have used the palace and the State Rooms in the past and examine the paintings and works of art on display to inspire their written work. Children will leave the workshop with new ideas, insightful notes and short written pieces.
- An interactive introduction and class discussion – Learning Room (10 minutes)
- A visit around a selection of the State Rooms with related activities and looking tasks. Class will be split into two educator led groups. (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Creative Writing activities as a group, round-up session and questions – Learning Room (30 minutes)
Please note these workshops are only available on selected dates during September 2014, see Essential Information below.
"The quality of the children's writing was a result of excellent teaching from the course leader." (Teacher)
- Curriculum themes:
- Creative writing
Learning from paintings
- Age group:
- Key stage 2
Key stage 3
Key stage 4
Key stage 5
- School subjects:
- English Language
Art & Design
- Maximum pupils per session:
- 2 hours
- Days of the week:
- Thursday, Friday
- £6 per pupil
- The State Rooms, Buckingham Palace
- Learning room:
- Essential information:
- Workshops are only available on Thursdays and Fridays, September 2014. Morning and afternoon sessions available.
(+44) (0)20 7766 7323