Royal Collection Trust/© Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2014
The east wall of the Library, Windsor Castle
The furniture-makers Nicholas Morel and George Seddon went into partnership in 1826 to decorate George IV’s new Private Apartments in Windsor Castle. The firm produced a series of designs showing the principal elevations of each room, with the intended furniture, wallcoverings and curtains. The Library (now the Green Drawing Room) was to be the most spectacular of the King’s reception rooms.