A German silver-gilt pineapple cup and cover, of conventional form. The lobed cover has a finial cast as a griffin holding a trefoil, and is engraved inside with two coats of arms. The cup is engraved around the rim with hunting dogs and scrolling flowers.
ProvenanceThis is probably the cup purchased by George IV on 24 April 1827 for £98. The coats of arms engraved inside refer to the Framel and Flentz families of Nuremburg.
- People involved
- Physical properties