The Terra Nova at the ice foot, Cape Evans
Photograph of the Terra Nova tethered to the ice at Cape Evans. The Cape was named after Lieutenant Edward Evans (1880-1957), Scott’s second in command on Terra Nova. Scott discovered the place during his Discovery expedition of 1901-4. When he returned in 1910, it was here that he built the expedition hut, which still stands today.