Filming and images
Royal Collection Trust’s Press Office deals with requests to film and record at the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen and items in the Royal Collection. Location filming is not permitted.
The current filming and recording facility fee is £300 + VAT per hour, plus a supervision fee of £25 + VAT per person per hour. For details of the costs of stills and transmission fees, please contact Royal Collection Trust Picture Library
+44 (0)20 7839 1377 (switchboard), email@example.com.
For your request to be considered, please read the Filming and Recording Guidelines and complete an Application Form. Both can be found at the top right-hand corner of this page. These should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received a minimum of 6 weeks before the preferred date of filming. Please note that all requests are subject to approval.
- Filming projects relating to the Royal Family or the Royal Household should be submitted to the Press Office at Buckingham Palace.
- To film outside Buckingham Palace, please contact The Royal Parks.
- Filming at Kensington Palace State Apartments, the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House and Kew Palace is arranged by Historic Royal Palaces.
- Requests to film at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, should be made to the Chapter Clerk.
- Filming from the Long Walk, Windsor Great Park is arranged by The Crown Estate.
B Roll of three of Buckingham Palace’s State Rooms – the Green Drawing Room, Throne Room and White Drawing Room – is available to broadcasters in the Diamond Jubilee year for use in connection with the Summer Opening of the Palace. Applications should be made via the VisitBritain Media Centre.
Images are available to press, broadcast and digital media for the preview and review of exhibitions, events and the public opening of the royal palaces and residences via www.picselect.com. All images are 300 dpi (7 x 5), and captions and credit details are shown next to each item. If you require other visual material or images at a higher resolution, please e-mail email@example.com.
- If you wish to use images for other non-media purposes, please contact Royal Collection Trust’s Picture Library +44 (0)20 7839 1377 (switchboard), firstname.lastname@example.org (office hours Monday to Friday, 09:30-17:30).
- Royal Collection Trust's Press Office and Picture Library do not hold photographs of members of the Royal Family or royal events. A list of picture sources is available in the Latest News section of the British Monarchy website.